Haven montessoriEmployment Opportunities
The mission of Haven Montessori School is too provide a rich and nurturing educational experience for our students that will inspire peaceful relations and a lifetime love of learning.
Primary Lead Teacher
The Haven Montessori School seeks a Primary guide to begin in the 202-22 school year. Located in the beautiful mountains of Flagstaff, Arizona, Haven Montessori is a private preschool for children aged 4 months through 5 years, and an Arizona Public Charter School for grades K-6. The mission of Haven Montessori School is to provide a rich and nurturing educational experience for our students that will inspire peaceful relations and a lifetime love of learning.
POSITION: Primary (ages 3-6) Lead Teacher (11 month position to begin in July 2021).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year University
- Completion of an accredited 3-6 Montessori training program
- US citizenship or permanent residency status
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in education, special education, Montessori education, and/or other education-related field.
- Completion of AMI or AMS 3-6 Training
- 2+ years of teaching experience
- Prepares, and maintains a beautiful environment, on a daily basis that meets the needs of all students;
- Initiates and facilitates ongoing dialogue with parents on the overall development of each child;
- Demonstrates competency to deliver an educational program based on the individual;
- For the Charter Kindergarten, demonstrates competency to provide effective, innovative instruction with a balance of Montessori materials integrated with the Arizona State Standards;
- Oversees the learning of all children in the classroom while partnering with the assistant in supporting the needs of all students;
- Demonstrates basic computer literacy/competency;
- Conducts the class: plans, develops, records and implements class curriculum; makes materials when needed, maintains classroom materials and keeps shelves clean and orderly;
- Keeps accurate daily, weekly, and monthly lesson plans which describe lessons given, curriculum covered and observation notes for each child and turns them in as directed;
- Continues to get to know each child’s learning style(s) and interests to increase all eight constructs (emotional, social, ethical, aesthetic, creative, wellness, intellectual and “school success”); and
- Participates in staff meetings and collaborates with primary team.
The Haven Montessori School offers a supportive and positive work environment, with many opportunities for individual growth.
- A flexible benefit plan
- 8 days paid time off, 3 professional development days, in addition to many school breaks and holidays
- Discounted tuition for preschool students
- Salary range $30,000-40,000 depending on education and experience, according to the Haven Montessori salary schedule.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please no phone calls. The position will close on April 9, 2021 at 4:00pm.
To learn more about the Haven Montessori School please visit www.havenmontessori.org.
The Haven Montessori Children’s House and Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.