Haven Montessori remains closed to in-person learning until COVID-19 benchmarks are met.
October 12, 2020
Over the last two weeks, we have been meeting with our Governing Board, County Public Health, FUSD representatives, other Charter Leaders in Flagstaff, representatives from ADE and the Governor’s Office, the AZ Charter Schools Association and more. Our admin team has met, our staff have met, and we have taken into account local health data as well as staff and parent survey data. Based on this, and in an effort to remain consistent with the larger Flagstaff school community, our Board met on Friday 10/9/20 and voted to approve the following:
Metrics for return to moderated In-Person learning for K-6 Charter Students:
- <50 cases per 100K for 2 consecutive weeks using Flagstaff Charter zip codes provide by CCPHS
- <=5% positivity rate for 2 consecutive weeks Flagstaff Charter zip codes provide by CCPHS
Haven will return to full distance-learning, from modified in-person learning if:
- >150 cases per 100K or
- >=7% positivity rate
(Only one week of data necessary)
The Haven Administration/Board reserves the right to call a special meeting if circumstances change and metrics need to be revised.
August 5, 2020
Haven Montessori School will begin at-home (online) learning for all K-6 students on Monday, August 10, 2020. The preschool program will remain closed through at least August 28, 2020. A decision about reopening the preschool will be made by August 17, 2020. Forthcoming guidelines from AZDHS, along with community data and guidance from the Coconino County Health Department, will guide all decisions about reopening any of Haven’s programs to in-person learning.
Resources for Parents
- Haven Montessori Charter School’s Distance Learning Plan will be implemented on the first calendar day of the 2020/21 School Year, Monday, August 10, 2020. The plan can be reviewed here.
- As we move forward, we have FAQ documents to assist parents. They are updated almost daily as more questions arise:
- The Governor of Arizona released Executive Order 2020-42 which requires schools to establish the following policies/plans to be shared with parents. They are linked below:
- The Arizona Department of Health Services Safely Returning to Instruction in Person plan can be found here.
- Free reusable cloth face coverings can be ordered from the Coconino County Health Department here